ISDE Video Competition
ISDE Video Competition for Young people
9th International Symposium on Digital Earth
“Towards a One-World Vision for the Blue Planet”
Halifax · Nova Scotia · Canada
5 – 9 October,
The International Society for Digital Earth (ISDE), founded in Beijing in 2006, is a non-political, non-governmental and not-for-profit international organization principally promoting academic exchange, science and technology innovation, education, and international collaboration towards Digital Earth.
The Video competition is organized by the ISDE Young Scientist Committee. We will start the 1st competition in 2015 and the winners will be announced in Canada, during the 9th ISDE Symposium.
Aim: We wish to promote the creative representation of the Digital Earth in virtual form by young people, in order to publicize and promote the vision and capabilities of Digital Earth. We aim to involve more young people in Digital Earth activities, and thereby increase the popularity of the ISDE. The best videos will be distributed by electronic media to everybody interested in the development of the ISDE.
Award: The ISDE will award the winner(s) every two years, during the ISDE Symposium.
Parameters: The 3 min video should present the author’s CV (30 sec.) and her/his research or ideas about Digital Earth (DE) development (2 min. and 30 sec.).
- The Video must be created for the 9th ISDE Symposium in Halifax, Canada.
- The general theme for the 2015 ISDE Video Competition is “Towards a One-World Vision for the Blue Planet”.
- The name of the video file should start by “Digital Earth - .........................”.
- Copyrighted text, music and video may not be used without the express consent of the copyright holder.
- Applicant/s may only submit one entry, and may not edit the entry once it has been submitted.
- 2015, February 1st Official Announcement
- 2015, August 1st Submission Deadline for Videos
- 2015, September 15th - Deadline for Community Voting, Finalists Announced
- 2015, October 5th-9th - 9th ISDE Symposium in Halifax, Canada – video presentation and Award announcement
- The Finalists will be announced at the 9th ISDE Symposium in Halifax, Canada, and their videos will be uploaded to the official ISDE ScienceStage Channel.
- The Top 5 finalists will receive ISDE diplomas and gifts, and will be publicized on ISDE website www.digitalearth-isde.org.
- The winner will receive a one year free personal online subscription to the International Journal of Digital Earth.
- Videos will be judged in two categories:
- Most Popular – The video that has the best DE advertisement.
- Top 5 – The top five videos, as chosen by development of research and modern technology in DE field.
- The ISDE community will vote for their 5 favorites between August 2nd and September 15th, 2015.
- The Grand Jury (1 chair and 2 members approved by ExCom) will take the Top 5 Finalists as determined by the community vote, and choose 1 most popular Winner.
Objectives of the competition
The aims of the competition are to promote young people’s creative representation of the Digital Earth, to enhance their research awareness, and to make them more conscious of their environment, society, and economic life.
General rules of the competition
· ISDE members will propose the topic of the competition and it will be organized during the Symposia. The videos may be produced by young people under 35 years of age.
· The international judging will focus on three criteria: 1) a recognizable message, 2) Digital Earth content, and 3) the quality of execution.
· Video-makers should inform Prof. Temneoujka Bandrova and Mr. Jiang Hao by email when they have finished uploading. The contact information is listed below.
Prof. Temneoujka Bandrova,
Chair of the ISDE Young Scientist Committee - email@example.com
Mr. Jiang Hao,
ISDE Secretariat - firstname.lastname@example.org